Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 28. An embarrassing/socially awkward situation you've found yourself in.

lately, I haven't had any seriously embarrassing moments that I can think of! but 5th grade did have a few. or a lot. because I think I was wayyyyy more concerned about what others thought of me then. heheh. but anyway!

it had just rained the night before, and we were at recess. we ALWAYS played kickball. ALWAYS. and if we were in the gym we played handball. that's just how it was. every day. ok I'm pullin a mellie here. I feel draw-y. although my drawings won't be as super awesome as hers. [as I'm drawing I'm realizing that I'm gonna spend about an hour on this post. so you should feel special cuz I worked so hard.]

ok so this is how the game worked:

so basicly there was a bunch of conveniently-placed stuff out there for us. as if the builders/nature intended for us to play kickball. 1st base was the log on the side of the playground...there were logs around the playground with gravel inside. gravel isn't the most fun thing to fall off the monkey bars into, but whatever. 2nd base was a random dirt spot that just happened to be there, 3rd base was up the hill--the side of the school, and home plate was a random concrete slab. the pitcher's "mound" was another random dirt spot. awesome, huh? it was basicly like the sandlot, but even cooler.

anyway, on this particular day, I was wearing a white hoodie. annnnd basicly I kicked the ball, ran to first, ran to second, and fell flat on my face. into the muddy hole of death. I just completely wiped out before I knew what happened. every single soul on the playground was laughing. I was mortified. I went up to my teacher and she got MAD at me. I was like...ok sure, I've already slipped and fell on my face, everyone is laughing at me, why not go ahead and tell me how irresponsible I am for doing it? cool. so if this kind of thing happened today, it would be hilarious! but then, it totally wasn't.

the end.

No comments: