Friday, December 24, 2010

2010 #1 - changes

I was looking through my end-of-year posts from last year. I had 4! [one//two//three//four] what. I think this year I'll have 2 or 3. I'm doing the month-by-month thing, the top 10 moments of the year, the year as a whole, and the first post is gonna be a new one--changes. I feel alot has changed this year, so I'll see how long I can write about that. haha.

music:
oh my. so much has changed as far as music goes. it's nuts. I haven't been a super switchfoot crazy kafjgiaji fam since around the bro-am. I'm just kinda broadening my musical horizons now. I've been listening to a little of everything this year! switchfoot still, rk, needtobreathe, taylor swift, the beatles, avalanche city, buddy holly, the traveling wilburys, the list goes on and on. I like being a multi-band listener. it's fun!

I've written a lot more songs this year. like 90% of my songs were written this year. I love songwriting!

I've gotten alot more into piano. I just re-started taking lessons at the end of last year. I love it way more than I ever did the other 2 rounds of lessons. hahaha. [one from like 1st-4th grade. the other in 5th-6th grade.] I am on a break from lessons right now, though. I might start back soon. not sure yet. but still. LOVE the piano.

another change is that I play piano in praise band now. I like it. but I loved playing guitar. and I miss it. so hopefully that'll re-change.

I've barely gotten on tab websites this year! playing by ear is the bomb. I love it. it's like a superpower!

something that hasn't changed is that I still love my beautiful guitar :). I loooooove it. I could go on. and on.

running/fitness in general
I ran track this year for the 1st time in my 4 year running career. haha. I didn't really like it that much. but it kept me in shape-ish! cross country this year was by far my best year! I was in better shape this year than ever before. I did some weight lifting and alot of push-ups/sit-ups during cross country season and was basicly in the best shape of my life this fall. I need to start the weights and push-ups/sit-ups again. seriously.

friends/people
wow. I feel like this has REALLY changed from last year. I know alex and I have gotten alot closer throughout this year! but not only her. I've been getting better at making friends! school? not so much. I have a few friends there, but what I'm really talking about is church. I've been loving church so much lately because I'm finally starting to feel fellowship there! I've made more new friends at church this year than I did in probably 07-09 combined. I've also not been on LOBH this year. I guess it was a way for me to have friends. but even though I'm not there anymore, I still have a few LOBHers that I keep in touch with from time to time, which is good.

confidence
I've definitely become more confident with myself this year. I've gotten a little bit more comfortable with speaking in front of people, especially at church. I hope that continues to get even better!

priorities
the last big change in my life this year has been what's important to me. I used to be incredibly selfish, and I probably still am, but not near as much. I've been trying to think of others first. it feels good. also, I'm slowly stepping away from caring about material things. I'm not really even looking forward to the gift-portion of christmas. how nuts is that? I just got some sense knocked into me. stuff doesn't matter, and it can't make you happy! like I don't even wear my state cross country/track rings anymore. they're not as important to me as they used to be. I've also been reading the Bible more this year. spending less time on the computer in the morning and spending more time in the Word. speaking of time, my tv watching and computer using time has decreased a BUNCH this year! I've been spending way more time on my music. it's great.

well. that was long. I wonder if anyone is gonna read this! haha. well. part 2 may or may not come tomorrow. stay tuned!

No comments: