Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 #3 - top 10 moments of the year

so I love doing this! but it's always extremely difficult to squeeze 365 days worth of memories into a list of 10 things! but I can do it. and I'm pretty sure alex's new years party would probably go in here somewhere, but it hasn't happened yet, so too bad. haha.

10. getting my permit. that was a big goal for me! and I was really scared that I wouldn't get it. I did a lot of praying in that room while I was taking that test. hahaha. thanking God for every right answer. my next big dmv goal is to get my restricted license. oh boy.

9. coaches classic. it's a big cross country race. it was the turning point for me this year. as I've said before, I had a bad year last year, and I didn't start this year out much better, but coaches classic was the best time I had had since my first year. it was just a really good day! especially because I didn't feel that great all morning.

8. tacky day. oh yes. that was a fun day. I wore red/white/blue striped bell bottoms. genuine 70s bell bottoms that I got at a thrift store for like $4. with a tan/yellow plaid shirt. it did not match. and it was cool. but little did I know, that day was the "all A's on your report card people get to go out to eat for lunch" day. so we ate at a restaurant, and people looked at me funny. it was great.

7. california! this was more than a moment. it was like a week. but that trip was great!! I got to meet boardies and see switchfoot and visit a bunch of california places. it was fun. and the weather was awesome.

6. doing offering at youth. that was cool. conquering another fear. of public speaking. now I'm not as freaked out about speaking in front of people anymore! plus it was fun to make a lesson myself and tell it to people! haha. and people said it was good, so that was nice.

5. the school play. sooo much hard work went into it. and it was very stressful. for me anyway. but if anyone saw me the night of the play, you'll know that I really enjoyed being in it, and it was just so fun!!! pretty much worth all the stress. kinda. haha.

4. youth christmas party. sooo fun! I got to help set up. then alex and I participated in a game. I'm glad she made me! haha it was very fun. then we helped clean up, which was really fun too! folding up chairs and tables is fun when among friends. :)

3. alex's new years party last year. the 2010 half of the party was super fun because the power went out! we sang songs in the dark while I played guitar. then we told scary stories. and it was just fun!!!! I'm soooo looking forward to it this year. only 3 days away!

2. when alex and I performed at her pool party. we practiced for a long time! it was our first show. and it was very exciting! I totally wanna do that again. playing guitar+singing+best friends=great day!

1. youth camping trip. probably the most fun trip of my life. the part that was the greatest was the first night. a bunch of people, including alex and I, brought guitars. someone else brought a piano, and someone else brought one of them drum box things. so we had a super awesome jam session. it was SO fun. all the years of lessons and listening to music and learning the number system and my gift of playing by ear were all put to the test that night because I played along with some songs that I'd never played before, and some that I'd never even heard before. it made me feel awesome. and it's a night I'll never forget! I just love music that much. I really do. I could play and sing forever. oh. and the rest of the trip was great too. especially mafia. mostly because I sang and played guitar when I was the narrator. see? music. but anyway, the first night was my favorite night of the year.

that concludes my top 10 moments of the year! I think I got em all. the final post is gonna be final 2010 thoughts. see you then!

No comments: