Monday, December 28, 2009

2009 [Part 2]

I guess I'll do what I did in my 2008 blog by listing things that made this year great. Fortunately, blogger is so much better than myspace blogs, so I can actually have bullets in my list! Hah.
  • Boardies. Meeting them, writing letters to them, reading blogs, keeping contact on facebook. You guys are my friends, not just random people. I'm pretty sure switchfoot fans are the only ones who are this close.
  • Cross country was pretty nice this year also. I had a pretty hard time at first, even though this is my 3rd year, but I didn't give up even though I really wanted to at some times. But we won our state championship again, so... awesome!
  • Music. Guitar and piano. It's nice to be able to figure out songs without the help of tabs or sheet music. I feel like God gave me that talent. Also, several great songs and albums have come out this year that I've loved :D. And being in my first band is awesome.
  • Switchfoot. They've come really far just in 2009, and they just amaze me so much. They're the best band you could ever imagine. Seeing them live is such a great experience!
  • Friends. Unfortunately I've lost a few. It's a weird thing. Maybe it just happens to me. I guess people just lose interest in me. Hah. I don't blame 'em. But to the people who still talk to me, thank you. You've kept me going strong throughout the year. You truly can't live without friends.
  • Confidence/self esteem. I think that this year I've become more confident in who I am. I think God has shown me that I'm HIS child and I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I don't have to try to be something I'm not. I don't have to lie to get people to like me, and if they don't, then who cares? People aren't my god. If God's pleased with me, then that's all that should matter.
I think that's it. Tomorrow the 10, maybe 20, maybe 13 [heh ;)] best moments of 2009 will be coming.

See ya.

1 comment:

JustOlesia said...

God sometimes pushes people away for you. It's a good thing. Just stay close to Him above all and he'll take care of it.