Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm so Far Behind

I think I'm falling back into that state of lull. I don't know the exact definition of "lull" but that's the word that's in my head. I'll look it up.

"a temporary calm, quiet, or stillness. a soothing sound. a pacified or stupefied condition." Okay. Wrong word. I'll go find the right word.

Desolation. That's a good one. "an act or instance of desolating. the state of being desolated. devastation; ruin. depopulation. dreariness; barrenness. deprivation of companionship; loneliness. sorrow; grief; woe. a desolate place."  Maybe not as extreme as its definition makes it sound. But this happens to me all the time. I have a chunk of 3 weeks to maybe 2 months of just content, happy, woo, joyful blah blah time, then I slip into desolation. I don't know if I imagine it, or if it really happens, but it feels like all the good stuff in my life is outweighed by the bad, and this empty feeling just takes over.

Does anyone else ever experience this? What do you suggest, then?




definitions from Dictionary.com.

2 comments:

JustOlesia said...

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. when we fall into these, we sometimes love it. We make it longer and longer because we like to feel sorry for ourselves. secretly we do.
Getting some perspective would help. Recognize what's happening and counterattack. Do something fun. think about someone else. pray a lot. lighten your heart a little. It will pass.

lee said...

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I know that sounds selfish, but I guess misery loves company.