Monday, December 28, 2009

Dear Old Friend:

     Ehhhh. I know I'm interrupting my 2009 thing, but it's okay.
     I know that the person I'm talking about isn't reading this, but if you are, you'll definitely know it's you.
     I miss you so much I can't even stand it. I don't wanna text you or anything because I tried that and the conversation just dies and I don't wanna be annoying.
     I already sent you this in a letter but I MISS YOU SO MUCH. I miss everything. All the IMs, all the inside jokes, even the awkward phone call where I didn't know what to say and I was afraid that I'd be really boring.
     I don't even know what happened. I guess I was too boring for you. But it's so weird how friendships just end without a fight, without a disowning conversation, nothing. I just read a bunch of your old blog posts and I miss the fun person you used to be. You might still be that fun person, but I never see you anymore. I don't know what to do.
    This is pointless but I wanted you to know I'll always love you no matter what.
     I guess I can't be selfish. You go out into the world and live, but please be careful. I don't want to see you hurt. I can't take it. I can barely look back on our friendship without shedding a tear, so if you get hurt I think I might just die.
     I'm gonna be in your state next summer and I'm really hoping you'll be at the "big event" because I still wanted to meet you like we always planned. Although I do know exactly where you live and I could come find you, that would be horribly awful and you might not like that.
     You're an amazing strong-willed girl, and I know without a doubt that you can go out there and be something big. I hate that I'm no longer a part of your life, but in some ways you're still a part of mine. I just hope that this isn't the last I see or hear of you.
     I want everything to be like it was when we were such good friends, or so I thought. Whenever I'm friends with older people I wonder whether or not they really want to be my friend, or if I'm just some stupid kid who annoys them, and I really felt like you really wanted to be my friend. I don't know. I wish you the best, though.
     Once again, I love you.

No comments: