Sunday, October 4, 2009

Does it Seem Fair?

Hey. Yesterday I was in the car writing to my friend AmyLynne. I'm not sure why, but a thought popped into my head. And here's what I wrote in the letter. [Sorry AmyLynne, if you're reading this, you'll see this twice. hah.]
"So some stuff seems pointless when you look at the big picture, right? Like-why do we waste our time watching sports or watching amything for that matter? I mean I LOVE watching baseball, basketball, and football, but isn't it ridiculous that these people are being paid millions of dollars for throwing balls and running around when halfway around the world there are entire countries poorer than a single one of those guys?"
Yeah. Doesn't that seem pretty unfair? Is there a way to fix this? I'm not sure. But I think that this life is too short to be spending money on huge houses and several cars when there are people who don't even have a place to call home. I was texting my friend Krista yesterday and she said something along the lines of "you give me so much hope...you are a gift from God." I'm not putting this up here to be all boastful or anything, it's to say that we're ALL gifts from God. He put us here to encourage each other. To lift each other up. Wow, right? I definitely need to work on that. Big. Time. I'm so quick to criticize and tell people how messed up they are. Instead I should be blessing them. Try to work on that this week. See what happens. I'll tell you about my week too.

Okay. QOTM time. I know everyone loves music, right? I hope you do! What's your favorite band, favorite song, and favorite album? Me: Band: Switchfoot. Song: Yet -switchfoot. Album: hmmm. Learning to Breathe -switchfoot. Although MMHMM by Relient K is a close second. Yeah, I'm all about the Switchfoot. I'm interested to hear your answers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"people are paid millions of dollars for throwing around balls."

heh heh. i love you lee. the way you put stuff sometimes... it's blunt, honest, and funny, all at once... :D

lee said...

heh! i try. i really do. i don't wanna be boring! ^_^