Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 07: A Photo That Makes You Happy

this 'un:

The [best] Band [ever]

this is a photo from my first switchfoot show which was exactly one year from tomorrow. but technically it would've been today because it was on a saturday. anyway, I was extremely blessed to have been able to meet them at my very first show! they are so amazing for making that possible.

this photo brings back memories...

waiting in line--the guy in front of us was at the fiction family show and remembered me because Jon wore my fedora. then during the show Jon took and wore HIS fedora. it was so awesome! when we saw each other after the show we were so psyched and hi-fiving and all. it was the coolest thing ever.

the actual show--my first live viewing of guitar screaming. epic!!!!

the meet & greet--I got to give Chad the letters that some boardies wrote. he really enjoyed and appreciated it. it was so so so cool to get to meet all my heroes. and andy barron took that picture. HOW COOL IS THAT! oh, and I'm not sure who that random lady is, but that's ok.

the aftershow--I asked Jon if he was gonna do an aftershow, and he said he'd do one in the parking lot in like 30 minutes. I remember we still had to eat, so we went to subway, and I was freaking out the whole time because I didn't want to miss the aftershow. I scarfed down half my sandwich and sat there all fidgetty til my family finished their sandwiches, then we headed back to the parking lot. we talked to Romey for awhile--he still remembered my name from the m&g, which is impressive considering all the people he met--then Jon finally came out and we walked with him to Wild Wings for the aftershow. I'll never forget the look on some people's faces when we walked in there with Jon Foreman. hahahah. he sat in a highchair and played us some tunes. I was right in front of him, and it was just the most insane thing ever.

I don't think I ever blogged about this show, so there it is, one year late. hahaha. come back tomorrow!

No comments: