Friday, September 25, 2009

The Awesome and the Awful.

Wow. I just got back from the highschool retreat. I'll tell some wonderful stories later. But I just wanna start with something.

I gritted my teeth through alot of it. Really. Because around the clock people were complaining and stuff. I admit, the rooms were less than appealing, but how can you possibly complain for 3 days? Ahah. And I laughed when most of the girls in my room said that they cried at least once during the trip. But now I'm the one about to cry. Why? Hmm. I'm not even sure. Probably some built up anger from the trip. Definitely because Switchfoot has 3 CA dates and 3 Texas dates and NONE within 4 hours of me. Also because I'm not going to Florida for a cross country meet. It was my decision to not go. But now Coach is telling me why I *should* go and it's tearing me up. I love my teammates and all, but I don't want to stay in Florida without my family. It hurt when they said they weren't coming, so I guess I just wanted to stay here. Also because it seems that no one reads my blog anymore. So those few things sound ridiculous, right? I bet you're thinking "wow. what a loser. Why is she being such a pansy about this stuff?" I'm asking myself the same question. Darn me and my emotions. I feel better now though. Sort of.

And now the highlights of the retreat.
  1. WORSHIP. Amazing. My absolute favorite part of the whole thing. Every night we'd have a little worship service in the chapel there. This guy named Matt Orth spoke. He was incredible. Funny guy. Heh. And of course the worship team led worship every night. That was a BLAST. Fun timesssss. We still are un-named. People are starting to submit names though. I'll tell you once we have one. My fingers are still killing me though. ahaha. We practiced for an hour twice a day PLUS the actual service so yeah. Alot of guitar playing there.
  2. The ropes course. Yeah. I can't even believe I did that. So much fun.
  3. Hanging out. I love my 9th grade friends. We had a ton of fun.

If any of you have a blog, you know how it feels to lose your zeal for finishing a post? That's what's happening now. I'll possibly finish this later.

Please. If you read this. Comment. or post on the tags. Because if no one reads this I'll just stop. ahaha. I can just purchase one of those girly diaries and write in there.

1 comment:

Amberique said...

if it helps any SF isn't coming anywhere near me either. *hug*