Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year Stuff

2010 for me is about fresh starts. New beginnings. I know that I can always start over, but the beginning of a new year just makes it alot more significant for me. I'm excited about this year. Seeing how long I can go without blowing it. Heh! I think I'm alot more careful than I was a year ago.

So I got the stomach bug AGAIN. But this time I had fever and chills and mostly just an upset stomach. So in some ways it was better, some ways worse. I hate how when I get this it makes everything I eat/drink taste weird. I think I'll be fine tomorrow. What a shame, though, because I'm running a 5K in a week and I was all prepared for it a couple weeks ago, but these back to back sicknesses have totally ruined my running. Oh well. That's ok.

I had a whole lot of fun bringing in the new year with my friends! I went to my friend Alex's house and we did a lot of fun stuff. There were 8 girls there in all--3 teenagers and 5 little girls [8-9 years old I believe]. We shot off fireworks then the power went out. We drank sparkling cider by candlelight at midnight then I played guitar and we all sang songs in the dark. We told "scary" stories and talked, then at about 4 am the power came back on. We turned the light back off, thank you very much. The next day [yesterday] we decorated t-shirts then my mom picked me up. The moment I got in the car I started to feel sick. I feel sick in the car alot, though, so I didn't think it was a big deal. HA. Little did I know an hour later I'd be laying on the couch falling asleep then waking up feeling positively awful. But sickness aside, I'm loving this year so far. All two days of it.

ICK. I do NOT want to go back to school. DON'T MAKE ME GO. *weeps* I don't like it. Oh well. I guess I'll get over it. Only 5 more months. *twitch*

No comments: