Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 #2 - top 10

Top 10 moments/events of 2011!

Wow, this ain't gonna be easy. I'll probably be working on this post for a while and changing/rearranging. I'm excited to see what the final product's gonna be!

10. the first "the dwelling" service! great day. eating at fuji with the band, then getting to play on stage, and everyone being so welcoming--it was fun. I think all the dwelling services can go in the number 10 slot.

9. when a couple guys from our youth band and a few of us from our school band went and played at a church and ate at an awesome japanese place after--it was a fun trip!

8. visiting my cousins, they love us, and we love them! saying goodbye was so sad, though.

7. the worship team christmas party when jordan was dressed up as santa, he was hilarious, and I realized I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. it was a fun night, and I forgot about school for awhile, which was nice.

6. when I went snow tubing with the youth! it was very fun, I got to hang out with dalton, reagan, and madi! I still remember some funny stuff from mcdonalds! "is she NAKED??" madi freaked out but the lady was just wearing an orange shirt that looked like skin color. hahaha. 

5. that one day where our church had a cookout and we played soccer…it was just a good day :)

4. here's a combination one -- the first band practices of the 5th/6th grade ministry band, the youth band, and the sunday morning band. they were all great!

3. the day I went rock climbing and swimming with the youth--the rock climbing was strenuous and it was burning hot in there, so naturally we couldn't wait until we could go swimming. once we did, my friend jon-jon and I were having a water treading contest, and I'm pretty sure we didn't stop for about 45 minutes. so much pain. we called a truce. then, I got to partake in a fun jam session with some friends from the band. I played an organ for the first time, but it was one of those electric ones so it was basically like a piano.

2. the day at high school retreat when I played piano and sang worship songs for 2 hours and lost my voice--pretty self-explanatory. I was on that piano for probably half of the trip, if not more.

1. the night God rocked my world--we were in the "small room" and during worship, the band was playing "How He Loves" and I was just worshiping, then our (former) worship leader and a lady named julie both were talking about God's amazing love, and I just started crying. it was awesome because I caught just the smallest glimpse of His love for us. 


Alright, tomorrow will be the last!

No comments: