Saturday, July 9, 2011

LOL

I was reading this and it cracked me up. It's ok to laugh at worship songs, it really is. I still will worship God to these songs, hopefully without losing my focus and laughing, but it was just extremely amusing to read. especially song #4...
4. Trading My Sorrows 

Please don't kill me. I know that a lot of people love this song, particularly the actions (oh my goodness, don't get me started on action songs). This might be a little picky, but what am I if not detail-oriented? The bridge of this song includes the line "Though the sorrow may last for the night" and the music hits on each word in 'last for the night' in such a way that makes me think of hip-shaking. As in: Though the sorrow may last (stick hip out to right) for (to left)the (to right) night (to left). Get it? Anecdote--I was in a worship setting with my friend Marty and we were singing this song. We get to this part of the song, and, I kid you not, Marty does the hip thing. Completely his idea. I almost crapped my pants.
brb I just died

No comments: